6 hot cross buns, sliced
2 free-range eggs
250ml whole milk
200ml double cream
100g Moose Maple Butter (or plain)
6 tsp blood orange marmalade
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp demerara sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and slice your hot cross buns in half. Spread with Moose Maple Butter and arrange in a roasting tray.
- Make a simple custard by warming 200ml of cream with 200ml whole milk and caster sugar. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Whisk the eggs and gradually pour in the warmed milk and sweetened cream. Return to the hob and warm on a low heat for 3-4 mins to thicken slightly.
- Then just before you pour over the custard spoon some blood orange marmalade between each hot cross bun.
- Pour custard over your hot cross buns and leave to soak in for 10-15 mins. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and then bake for 45-50 mins until golden.
- Serve with double cream dribbled over this wonderful seasonal pudding.