Servings : 4
Prep Time : 24:0 h
Cook Time : 20m
Ready In : 24:20 h
- Try to use a grill that is good for charcoal rather than gas.
- Get nice flat skewers so that when you insert it into the meat, the meat stays flat and when turning the skewer over the grill, the meat stays with the skewers, rather than turning around the skewer.
- When you place the skewers with the meat over the grill, make sure the meat does not touch the grill grids. So, for this purpose, use some devise to be placed on the grill surface so that the skewers stays up about an inch above the surface of the grill. I suggest some pieces of bricks might do the job. Or if you are handy and love barbeque, you go to Home Depot and buy some metal rods about one or two inches thick and make a rectangle shape frame the size of your grill surface.
- Place the metal frame on the grill and place the kabob skewers on top of the frame.
- This way, its guaranteed that the meat on the skewers will not touch the grill.
- 5 lbs. chicken breast- all fats removed and cut up about one-inch cubes
- 1 pc. fresh ginger- about 2 inches long- peeled
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ large bell peppers- seeds removed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, place the chicken and set aside.
In a blender place the ginger, garlic, bell peppers and run it till its liquid. Pour the liqid over the chicken and add the oil and the rest of the spices. Mix well the chicken with the mixture and wrap the bowl tight and refrigerate at least over night or 24 hours before grilling.
Start up your grill to be hot. Take about six or seven pieces of the marinated chicken, stick the skewers into them so that the pieces of chicken stay flat. Place the skewers over the hot grill and every 6 or 10 seconds turn them over till the chicken are done. Keep the skewers moving to different parts of the grill. This way the chicken will cook evenly. Serve the chicken kabob with pita or flat bread, Afghani salad with yogurt sauce or spicy chutney.
For more delicious and mouth-watering Afghani recipes, visit www.afghankitchenrecipes.com