Residents are being asked to show their love for West Smethwick Park by taking part in a calendar photography competition.
Successful entries will appear in the 2022 West Smethwick Park calendar which will be sold by the Friends of the park.
Sandwell Council’s Deputy Leader Councillor Maria Crompton said: “I want as many people as possible to get their cameras out and take photos of our wonderful West Smethwick Park.
“The council is rightly proud of our parks and great spaces and this calendar competition is a great celebration of one of them.”
All money raised by sales of the calendar will contribute to the activities of the Friends group. The photographer’s name will appear on the calendar alongside their photo (unless they wish to be uncredited).
The competition will have four rounds through the year:
- 1 October 2020 – 31 December 2020
- 1 January 2021 – 30 March 2021
- 1 April 2021 – 30 June 2021
- 1 July 2021 – 30 September 2021
There are five rules to follow:
- Photos must be taken at West Smethwick Park during the specific time that the competition round is running.
- There must be no identifiable people in the photo.
- Photos need to be landscape/horizontal (not portrait).
- The image must be high resolution and of a good enough quality to reproduce in print. We recommend images are, at the very least, 3,000 pixels wide – the higher quality the better.
- You must be an amateur photographer.
Each round will be judged by a different group or partner – judges will be announced over the course of the competition. The winning three photos in each round will feature in the 2022 calendar.
For further information email email@example.com or phone 0121 569 4247